New York, NY, 1985
2016: MFA in Visual Arts. Stony Brook University, New York.
Full Tuition Merit Funding.
2008: BFA in Visual Arts. The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art, New York.
Full Tuition Merit Scholarship.
2003: The Art Students League of New York, New York.
2015: K. Patricia Cross Future Leaders in Education Award, American Association of Colleges & Universities (AAC&U).
2015: Art Department Chair’s Scholarship Award, Stony Brook University.
2014: Goldberger Fellowship for Excellence in Visual Arts, Stony Brook University.
2003: Full Tuition Merit Scholarship, The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art.
2015: V. Febrer: Mar Desierto/Desert Sea. Stony Brook University, New York.
2013: V. Febrer: A Sense of Place. LIC Market, New York.
2013: V. Febrer: Vigilia. Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Vicálvaro Campus, Madrid (catalogue).
2011: V. Febrer: Memories of a Sea/Memorias de un Mar. Fundación Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid (catalogue).
2010: V. Febrer: Vistas y Vinografías II. Galeria Artis, Valencia, Spain.
2008: V. Febrer: Vistas y Vinografías. Galeria Artis, Valencia, Spain.
2008: V. Febrer: Femina et Ovum. Cooper Union, New York (BFA Thesis presentation).
Group Exhibitions & Screenings (Selected):
2019: Aletheia, Villa Monastero, Varenna, Italy. Curated by Marcello Cazzaniga of Camaver Kunsthaus. (catalogue)
2019: NOW is the Future, Local Project. Long Island City, NY. Curated by Carolina Peñafiel & John Baber.
2019: Present Tenses, Center for Arts Education, New York, NY.
2018: Small & Mighty, La Bodega Gallery, Brooklyn, NY. Curated by Johnny Thornton.
2018: Faculty Exhibition, Weill Art Gallery, 92nd Street Y, New York, NY.
2017: Lantanio, Ottovolarte, Florence, Italy. Curated by Marcello Cazzaniga of Camaver Kunsthaus. (catalogue)
2016: Blu, Former Church of San Nicolao, Bellano, Italy. Curated by Marcello Cazzaniga of Camaver Kunsthaus. (catalogue)
2015: Art after Dark, Art Museum of the Americas, Organization of American States, Washington DC.
2015: Faculty Exhibition, Weill Art Gallery, 92nd Street Y, New York.
2015: Art in a Box Benefit Exhibition for Children at Risk, The Painting Center, New York (curated by Valentina DuBasky).
2015: Digital Graffiti International Projection Art Festival, Alys Beach, Florida. (juried by Lucia Fishburne, Florida’s State Film Commissioner; Marieanne Khoury-Vogt, Architect; Brett Phares, Curator and Co-Founder of Digital Graffiti; Mark Schnell, Urban Planner; & Robert Seidell, Video Artist, Berlin).
2014: Toride International Video Projection, Toride Train Station, Japan (juried by the Urban Development
2014: Exposición Oculta, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Fuenlabrada Campus, Madrid (curated by Luisa Walliser, director of the Integrated Design and Visual Management Program; & Pablo R. Prieto, Professor of Multimedia Arts & Design) (catalogue).
2014: Hispanic Heritage Month Exhibition, Long Island Arts Alliance, New York (juried by the L.I. Arts Alliance).
2014: Standing Room Only, Lawrence Alloway Gallery, Stony Brook University, New York.
2014: Patchogue Arts Festival, Long Island, New York.
2014: Art in a Box Benefit Exhibition for Children at Risk, Skylight Gallery, New York (curated by Valentina DuBasky).
2014: Astoria Arts Festival, New York.
2013: Curate NYC—Paz Tanjuaquio, Online Exhibition (curated by Paz Tanjuaquio, Co-Founding Director, TOPAZ ARTS). http://www.curatenyc.org/2013/author/ptanjuaquio
2013: Digital Graffiti, Alys Beach, Florida. Travel Award for collaborative project “Untitled Promise” with Pedro J. Padilla. (juried by Brett Phares, Curator and Co-Founder of Digital Graffiti; Lucia Fishburne, Florida’s State Film Commissioner; Brian Patrick Franklin, assistant professor of Expanded Media in the School of Art at Illinois State University; Marieanne Khoury-Vogt, Architect; & Tim Portluck, Associate Professor in the Film and Media Department at Hunter College).
2013: Under the Subway Video Art Night, Local Project, New York (curated by Antonio Ortuño).
2013: Night Screen, Monster Truck Gallery, Dublin. “Flight of Memory” (post production assistance by Pedro J. Padilla). (curated by Sean Naftel).
2013: Art in a Box Benefit Exhibition for Children at Risk, Cheryl Pelavin Gallery, New York (curated by Valentina DuBasky).
2012: DysTorpia Media Project, Queens Museum of Art, Local Project, & Outpost Artist Resource, New York (curated by Gabriel Roldós, Executive Producer at Fluid New Media Lab & Arlan Londoño, Curator at E-Fagia, Toronto).
2012: MUJERES10, Atarazanas Exhibition Space, Valencia, Spain (curated by María Irene Beneyto, Deputy Mayor and Commissioner of Culture of the City of Valencia, Spain) (catalogue).
2012: VOCES, New York Times Headquarters, New York (curated by members of the New York Times Latino Heritage Network).
2012: Digital Graffiti, Alys Beach, Florida. “Flight of Memory” (post production assistance by Pedro J. Padilla). (juried by Brett Phares, Curator and Co-Founder of Digital Graffiti; Jason Eppink, Assistant Curator of Digital Media at the Museum of the Moving Image in New York City; Max Watman, National Endowment for the Arts Literary Fellow and author; & Lucia Fishburne, Florida’s State Film Commissioner).
2012: Under the Subway Video Art Night, Local Project, New York. “Flight of Memory” (post production by Pedro J. Padilla). (curated by Antonio Ortuño).
2012: Aid for Aids Benefit Exhibition, TriBeCa Rooftop, New York.
2012: Clocktower, Queens Plaza Historic Clocktower, New York.
2011: Art Angler Gallery, Affordable Art Fair, New York.
2011: Covenant House Benefit Exhibition, NJ Performing Arts Center, Newark.
2011: Current Collection Exhibition, Art Angler Gallery, New York.
2011: Casita Maria Benefit Exhibition, Mandarin Oriental, New York.
2011: Benefit for Emilie Gossiaux, Cooper Union, New York.
2010: Marc Van Meensel Gallery, Lineart Fair, Ghent, Belgium.
2010: New Directions ’10, Barret Art Center, New York (juried by Nat Trotman, associate curator at the
Guggenheim Museum, New York).
2010: Alumni Art Auction, Cooper Union, New York.
2009: Spring Group Show, Dohrmor Gallery, New York.
2008: Dominican Women’s Development Center Benefit Exhibition, New York.
2008: The Book in Motion, Virtual, http://thebookinmotion.com
- Cazzaniga, Marcello. Lantanio. Exhibition Catalogue. Lecco, Italy: Camaver Kunsthaus, 2017.
- Cazzaniga, Marcello. Blu. Exhibition Catalogue. Lecco, Italy: Camaver Kunsthaus, 2016.
- Berges, Dona. “Discovering Fashion and Art in NY,” Hacid Magazine, Issue 33, August, 2016.
- Resilience 韧. Shanghai: Stony Brook University & Eastern China Normal University, 2014.
- Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, ed. Exposición Oculta. Exhibition Catalogue. Madrid: Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, 2014.
- Bell, Aisha T., Iván Ruiz, and Victoria Febrer. Febrer: Vigilia. Exhibition Catalogue. Madrid: Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, 2013. (published as CD-Rom)
- Larousse, ed. El Mundo del Vino. Madrid & México D.F.: Larousse, 2013.
- Alas, Amelia. “Arte Español en Nueva York: Victoria Febrer,”Dominical, Madrid: March 18th, 2012.
- City of Valencia, ed. Exhibition Catalogue. Valencia, Spain: City of Valencia, 2012.
- “Acceso Total: Cooper Union Saturday Program” Telemundo 47-WNJU. New York: Dec 14, 2011.
- “Evening News: 5/29/2011”TVE-1 (Spanish National Television). Madrid: May 29, 2011.
- “Victoria Febrer, en la Rey Juan ”ABC. Madrid: April 23, 2011.
- Burke, Marcus B., Pedro González-Trevijano, and Victoria Febrer. Febrer: Memories of a Sea / Memorias de un Mar. Exhibition Catalogue. Madrid: Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, 2011.
- Bancaja Foundation, ed. Victoria Febrer: Small Untitled Marine Vista. Serie Bancaja. Valencia: Fundación Bancaja, 2010.
- Figueroa Villota, Mencía. “Paisajes Tranquilos de Victoria Febrer,” Victoria Febrer: Vinografías y Vistas II. Exhibition Brochure. New York: 2010.
- “La artista valenciana Victoria Febrer expone su primer mural en EE UU,”Cultura, Levante – El Mercantil Valenciano. Valencia, Spain: November 23, 2009.
- “Un mural de la española Victoria Febrer se inaugura en EE.UU.,”Chicago Tribune (Spanish Edition), Chicago, November 20, 2009. http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/oes-14456857nov20,0,7597165.story
- Soriano, L. “Obras inmortalizadas con vino tinto, El Mirador.”Las Provincias Valencia, Spain: November 11, 2008.
- Wilson, M. “Material Girl Splits Time between Astoria and Spain.” Queens Chronicle. New York: March 13, 2008.
- “De La Botella al Pincel: La Valenciana Victoria Febrer expone su serie‘Vinografías’ en Nueva York”, Cultura, El Pais. Madrid: February 7, 2008.
- Gonzales, U. “La victoria artística de Victoria,” Culturales.El Correo. New York: February 2, 2008.
Invited Talks, Workshops, Critiques & Portfolio Reviews:
“Applying to Specialized Visual Arts High Schools.” Apr 19, 2017.
The High School Audition Process, Wagner Middle School, New York. A free information session for parents organized by NYC Admission Solutions.
“Translation & Interpretation in Art Forms: Exploring Literacy through connections between Visual Art & Music for English Language Learners.” Dec 17, 2016.
English Language and Literacy through the Arts (ELLA) Professional Development, United Federation of Teachers, New York. A professional development workshop for teachers participating in the ELLA program through the NYC Dept. of Education and The Center for Arts Education.
“Faculty of the Future: Voices from the Next Generation.” Jan 22, 2015.
American Association of Colleges & Universities Centennial Conference, Washington D.C.
A panel discussion by recipients of the K. Patricia Cross Future Leaders Award on teaching and learning at the undergraduate level and the changing American academy.
Portfolio Reviews. The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science & Art. Dec 5, 2014.
“Visual Arts as a Tool for Conceptualizing Struggle – An Interactive Seminar.” Sep 24, 2014.
Yale University, New Haven. Aronow Research Lab at the Yale Institution for Social and Policy
Studies. An interactive visual arts seminar for PhD candidates in Political Science.
“Design Prep: Portfolio Preparation Workshop Series.” Oct-Nov, 2014.
Smithsonian Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, New York. A series of four workshops for high school students on how to create effective portfolios for admission to competitive Design Colleges. Topics included portfolio selection, photography, basic image retouching, and interview skills.
“Design Challenge: Create an interactive game that reveals something about the person playing it.” Apr 17-18, 2014.
Smithsonian Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, New York. A studio workshop where high school students explore 2D and interactive design principles and develop conceptual thinking skills and strategies for representing abstract ideas.
“V. Febrer: Vigilia.”Apr 10, 2014. Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid. Exhibition Talk.
“Design Prep: Intensive Portfolio Preparation Studio.” Nov 19-21, 2013.
Smithsonian Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum. A 3-day series of intensive studio workshops for high school seniors preparing portfolios for admission to design colleges.